Saturday 25 September 2010

Ed Balls's supporters playing down a surprise victory

Ed Balls's campaign manager Lord Knight has said it would be a big surprise if his man won today. "I think David will just edge it. While I'm happy with either of the brothers winning, I think Ed's camp have been talking up second preferences a bit more than I think the reality is, from the canvassing I've done."

And Charlie Whelan, Gordon Brown's former spin doctor and a close ally of Ed Balls, says he's always thought Ed Miliband had "something about him". He goes on: "Ed's not seen as a part of Gordon Brown or Tony Blair. He is his own man."

Sadly, i do agree with them that Ed Balls, has not won the leadership, although i do agree with the universal agreement that he has run the best campaign of the leadership contest.